through 3 quarters
The Phoenix Suns are only a quarter away from delivering their fans the victory they’ve been waiting for. It increasingly looks like their powerful offense is too much for the Boston Celtics as Phoenix leads 87-69.
The Suns were led by center JaVale McGee, who so far has a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds as well as two blocks. Boston’s top scorer was small forward Jayson Tatum (22 points).
the Celtics have lost 92% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one looks pretty much over
Boston @ Phoenix
Current records: Boston 13-13; Phoenix 20-4
What there is to know
The Phoenix Suns face the Boston Celtics at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at the Footprint Center after having had a few days off. Phoenix is ââset to maintain their 11-game winning streak at home.
Things were close when the Suns and San Antonio Spurs met on Monday, but Phoenix ultimately edged the opposition 108-104. Phoenix playmaker Chris Paul did his job and pulled off a double-double with 21 points and ten assists.
Speaking of close games: It was a hard-fought game, but Boston had to settle for a 114-111 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. Boston’s loss shouldn’t mask the performance of small forward Jayson Tatum, who scored a double-double with 29 points and ten rebounds, and point guard Dennis Schroder, who had 19 points and eight assists.
Phoenix is ââthe favorite in this one, with an expected margin of victory of 3.5 points. This might not be the best time to face the Suns as they have let punters down for the last three straight games.
Phoenix’s victory took them to 20-4 while Boston’s loss brought them down to 13-13. We’ll see if Phoenix can repeat its recent success or if Boston bounces back and reverses its fortunes.
How to watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Or: Footprint Center – Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: ESPN
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 24.50
The Suns are a 3.5 point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The punters moved up slightly against the Suns as the game opened with the Suns as the 5.5-point favorite.
Over / Under: -112
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Boston has won eight of its last 12 games against Phoenix.
- April 22, 2021 – Boston 99 vs. Phoenix 86
- February 07, 2021 – Phoenix 100 vs. Boston 91
- January 18, 2020 – Phoenix 123 vs. Boston 119
- November 18, 2019 – Boston 99 vs. Phoenix 85
- December 19, 2018 – Phoenix 111 vs. Boston 103
- November 08, 2018 – Boston 116 vs. Phoenix 109
- March 26, 2018 – Boston 102 vs. Phoenix 94
- December 02, 2017 – Boston 116 vs. Phoenix 111
- March 24, 2017 – Boston 130 vs. Phoenix 120
- March 05, 2017 – Phoenix 109 vs. Boston 106
- March 26, 2016 – Boston 102 vs. Phoenix 99
- January 15, 2016 – Boston 117 vs. Phoenix 103
Phoenix Injury Report
- Abdel Nader: Out (knee)
- Devin Booker: Out (hamstrings)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Illness)
- Frank Kaminsky: outside (knee)
- Dario Saric: outside (knee)
Boston injury report
- Josh Richardson: absent (Covid-19)
- Jaylen Brown: Out (hamstrings)
- Bruno Fernando: Released (Back)